Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen


This Thanksgiving I want express my gratitude for all the wonderful memories I have from my career at Continental.  The name is gone, but the memories will live on forever.  There were good times and great times and not so great times, but looking back I am grateful for it all.  I would never write a story like the one I lived and now I would not change one line.  I am blessed.





The people I have met and worked with, the experiences I have had, the things I have learned are all some of the most memorable of my life.  I am most grateful for the people I have worked with.  We have faced some rather challenging times at Continental, just like people at other airlines have.  I believe the difference in my experience is our ability to rise above them and not let them defeat us or turn us against one another.  We’ve had our quarrels, but we worked through them and moved on, we didn’t let them define us.


Here are some of the things I remember best.

Downtown PDX and SEA layovers

Burritos from El Paso

Prime Rib, Ceasar Salad and Pies in First Class

The A300

Flying Air Mike

“Flaps 25, Gear Down, Landing Check, 30 with the green”

Takeoff Data Cards

CTRs  (Crew Time Report)

Colored Boarding Passes with seat number tabs

The “Junk Jet”

9/11/01

Paris

Being a Second Officer, Really

No Security Checkpoints

The IAH train before Disney fixed it

The Noodle Shop

Cooling Doors

My Captain Checkride to ORD

Charlie McKeevers

Rick Watkins

The Taj Mahal

Changing the Age 60 rule




1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    How effectively you shared your many memories in so few words. A truly lovely farewell post to a remarkable airline. Christine

    ReplyDelete